Mission, Vision & Statement of Faith
The International School of Christian Counseling (ISCC) was run under the joint cooperative effort of the Miraflores C&MA church and SALT Leadership Ministries. The Statement of Faith below is that of SALT Leadership, Inc.
SALT Leadership Ministries exists to glorify God by developing and training national church leaders and pastors beginning in Latin America through theological education by extension and by supporting church ministries through providing resources and support ministry teams.
The ISCC's mission was to provide high quality education and training in Christian Counseling to Christian professionals and church leaders from an uncompromising Biblical perspective that helps heal minds and souls by the power of Christ.
SALT Leadership Ministries desires to glorify God by providing trained pastors and leaders for every evangelical church beginning in Latin America and by equipping every church with tools necessary to fulfill its mission and vision.
The vision of the ISCC was to inspire and train effective Christian counselors who minister effectively to those in need and help improve the biopsychosocialspiritual health of local churches and communities throughout Latin America.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: that they are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.